An Atlanta non-profit annually holds an event to raise funds and unify resources to revitalize historical neighborhoods known for the civil rights movement through a large, highly publicized event. Celebrities, city officials, business leaders, and association leaders come together to create a shared vision and deep-rooted responsibility to rebuild community and develop opportunities.
Three weeks prior to the 2,000-person event, the organization realized that professional oversight and support were required from EMC Meetings & Events to create and manage the complex assigned seating, check-in, and onsite seating changes using an automated seat assignment technology. All 2,000 people, including many VIPs, required check-in within one (1) hour of event start time.
SOLUTIONEMC Meetings & Events developed the project plan and led the operations to
- • Create the complex assigned seating,
- • Automate the check-in process,
- • Develop an Onsite Solutions desk, and
- • Provide onsite experts to answer questions, manage seat assignment changes, and update the automated seating technology.
• With only three weeks from the contract to event start date, EMC Meetings & Events produced a structured, efficient seating and check-in solution and provided the expert resources that allowed for spontaneous changes.
The event experienced flawless attendee check-in with assigned seating by use of an automated seat assignment technology and technical expert resources from EMC Meetings & Events.
- •2,000 attendees, including several VIPs, were checked into event within 1 hour
- •Structured, flexible, and automated event seating and check-in technology solution used for pre-event seat assignments and during event check-in process reduced manual tasks by 80%
- •Onsite Solutions desk for last-minute changes and questions resulted in flawless execution of check-in process